Friday, November 18, 2011

nursery crafts!

Robby and I have been slowly but surely working on Rilees nursery and it has been so fun! and also kind of overwhelming(for me) but so fun! Here are some of our crafts so far...


Robby helped me fold the ends of the 40 strips we had to make for the bumper! What a guy!

our mess

Kona has not liked the sewing projects one bit but shes been my little helper! The bumper on the right is one I bought at a kid-to-kid store for $8. Had to take it all apart and sew over the padding-lots of work but a good turn out and cheaper then buying a pad in a store
                 
                   
but it works! first big project-check! :) quite proud of the results. Oh yeah, we got that crib on KSL for $75..not too shabby!

I got this dress for Rilee from Carters when we first found out we were pregnant, just wanted to change the flowers that they had on it

First flower project :)

Robbys parents had this little beauty tucked away in a storage closet-when Robby and I saw it we loved it! Just needed a little lovin

I had to watch from a far with a sweatshirt tied around my face

Didn't it turn out awesome?? I LOVE IT. oh those flower balls are another project I made, still need to finish the last one

This is a DI pillow-$2 

Used some white sheets we had laying around and made it pretty..this was my first ever sewing project! I also have some big plans for the brown chair--attempting a slip cover. Ill let you know how it goes..

Kona loves the pillow-probably thinks its hers..


So yeah-we still have LOTS to do, the boys right now have taken everything out of the room and are framing the windows, fixing the closet and painting the walls--meanwhile, I am sewing curtains, a rug, a crib skirt and a slip cover...its pure madness over here!! Only like 5-6 weeks! Oh boy, I better get back to sewing...







No comments:

Post a Comment