Feel free to skip these unless your name is Lu or Rilee.....
Letter to my Momma: After having Rilee and knowing the kind of love a mom has for her daughter and how much joy they bring to your life, I want to say.....you're welcome :) haha just kidding momma! THANK YOU is what I really want to say, raising 3 girls must have been nuts-I actually hope I never know the kind of stress we all put you through haha but I can honestly say that I knew everyday that you loved me, maybe you didn't always like me(you had your reasons haha) but I never had to question your love and I am sooo thankful for that! You are always there and actually want to hear all my problems and frustrations and have always encouraged me to do the right thing. You always gave me my freedom to choose for myself, which has had such a HUGE impact on my life. You let me choose, even when it wasn't right and you carried me through when my wrong choices hit their consequences. I know that you prayed for me when I was heartbroken and had to make difficult choices, I know you pray for me when I feel bad for myself, when i'm scared, or feel inadequate-I know because I can feel it! I appreciate all your worrying on my behalf and all your prayers for me-it has gotten me where I am today and I am just truly grateful for that! You make me feel safe and comfortable telling you my secrets and you share your secrets and feelings too, which makes a true friendship :) You are my best friend mom and I love you so so so so sooooo much! Love, your baby
Letter to my RileeBug: I seriously treasure every moment with you. I love your smile, your cry, your tiny hands, your dimple above your right eye when you are giving the stink eye, your pudgy toes, your belly button, I love how lint finds its way in all your rolls-especially in your neck and the palms of your hands, I love that you love hugs, I love the sound of your laugh and I love when your upset and I can calm you down and make you happy. I've waited my whole life to be a mom, all 20 years at least, and cannot tell you how much joy you bring me every single day. In high school I thought about being a mom a lot, the type of person I would want to tell my kids that I was and the kind of example that I would want them to look up to-I can't tell you enough how many times the thought of you has saved me--you continue to make me a better person and I thank you for that! I am so excited to watch you grow up and see the kind of person that you will be, I can see so much good in you, your attitude and your temperament already! I am so thankful that Heavenly Father trusted me with one of his sweetest angels, I love you so much Rilee! Love, Mom
For mothers day, Robby took our pictures and Rilee was such a trooper! Here is our photo-shoot...
thanks for making me a mom Rilee!

Oh my goodness Nikki, you have a way with expressing yourself. You should think about writing a book! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!! Thank you for such kind and thoughtful words. The tears in my eyes made it difficult to read the first 3 times but I finally made it through the 4th time! You are such an amazing mom and I couldn't be more proud of you.
ReplyDeleteLittle Rilee is so lucky to have a mom that lives so close to the spirit and has such great integrity and purity!
Oh and thanks for posting that really scary picture of me! You are always adorable but I look scary!
ReplyDelete